Blisters are irritating, painful and annoying. I common cases, blisters do not cause serious issues but sometimes they may infect and cause skin blisters. Generally, common blisters do not need treatments. You can get rid of blisters just using some home remedies with cautions. But some blisters need intensive treatments and you may need to go to a skin specialist.
This article describes what are blisters and their types, common causes and symptoms of blisters. And finally, you will get the most effective remedies and tips to get rid of blisters naturally.
What are Blisters?
Generally, blisters are the swallow condition of your skin. They can come either singly or in a group. The inside of the blisters can clearly be seen from upper side where you can easily find the liquid of the blister inside the swollen skin.
Types of Blisters
General Blister: The blister caused by the common reasons (see the causes below)
Fever Blister: It is the reason of fever or cold sore. (See: how to get rid of cold sore)
Blood Blister: It can cause when a certain blood cell is ruptured under your skin.
What Causes Blisters?
There are some silly, but troubling causes of blister.
1. Rubbing the two surface areas together: When you wear a new pair of shoes, you sometimes feel the rubbing or fractionating with your skin. This turns in a blister latter, you wear of your shoes
2. Excessive pressure or friction: Sometimes the sportsmen or heavily active people can be the victim of it as when they try to lift something heavy, this makes an excessive pressure on your skin that can cause blisters.
3. Unconsciousness: When you drive a bike or a car for a long time, especially in winter, it may cause blisters as it makes a pressure on your skin.
There are some other natural causes or diseases of blisters. Like:
4. Excessive heat or sunburn
5. Fire burns
6. Cold sores
8. Poison ivy
9. Chicken pox
Symptoms of Blister
Two common signs or symptoms of blister are:
1. Swollen skin with bubbles
2. Itching and inflammation inside the bubbles
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Blisters
Blisters can bring a great trouble once they are broken down for any reason. They may cause you pain with itching and inflammation. The melted blister can infect many other diseases. So, it is a wise decision to take effective steps to get rid of blisters.
Use these proven 11 natural home remedies to get rid of blisters easily.
1. Cold and Cold Compress
Cold and clod compress work in case of the above three-mentioned blisters. When you feel itching or inflammation or immediately after the injury, press some ice or cold compress around the blister or the injured area. It helps to circulate your blood internally and regularly.
Try a piece of washcloth to cover the blisters. Do it in each 10 minutes. It will bring you a relief from blisters.
2. Brain the Liquid
The first and foremost thing is that you must let your blister its time. Remember that you must not drain your blood blister as it can cause some serious infection. The same can cause fever blisters. However, you can drain the blisters by following the best way to drain a blister is given here:
- Use lukewarm water and soft cleansing to clean the blisters and its area.
- Leave the blisters dry.
- Purify a needle.
- Pat the blisters with some alcohol.
- With the needle, make some small holes on the blisters’ base.
- Again, wash the blisters after you have drained it away.
- Don’t put out the skin of blisters.
- Lightly bandage the blister with its area.
Caution: You must use a clean and intake bandage on the blisters to avoid any unwanted infections. Contact your doctor, if you notice any pain or redness.
3. Try a Blister Plaster
This blister plasters best works of the people who are acrobat like, sportsmen, jogger, and runner or like that. You can use this in your hand, heel or feet. Use some plasters on your heel and on the back of your shoe. This helps to lessen the moisture that causes blister when you wear shoes.
You can easily find that I your nearby drug store or pharmacy. This is out any side effect so you can easily rely on this to get rid of blisters.
4. Aloe Vera Plant
This natural resource has a great quality of help you out to get rid of blisters.
- Find the liquid of the Aloe Vera plant
- Now, apply the liquid on your blister
- Repeat this for a several days
Caution: For a better result in blood blister and fever blister, add your extra effort.
- Take aloe Vera juice asked above
- Mix an equal amount of Vitamin E Oil
- Gently apply the mixture
- Wait for a few minutes to make it dry
Fever Blisters (Especially lips blister)
- Take the juice
- Take grapefruit seed juice (3 drops)
- Mix them together and apply
It can heal you faster than many other natural remedies.
- Take a pan.
- Sprinkle oatmeal.
- Heat the pan.
- Apply on your hands and feet.
You can also mix oatmeal with your bathing water.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV can kill the germs of blisters.
- Take castor oil (3 teaspoons)
- Take ACV
- Add vinegar (1/2 cup)
- Apply the mixture a several times
7. Healthy Diet
The lacks of vitamins makes you weak and help the blister to grow up on your skin. So, a sound and healthy diet with fruits, vegetables and Vitamin C can help you out to get rid of blister.
8. Fresh Air
Yes, even the natural air can be greater heal to get rid of blisters. Let them have some fresh air inside it. It will make you blister dry soon and heal those.
9. Petroleum Jelly
This can remove the dust and filth from the blisters to enter it. Uncover the blisters and use some petroleum jelly over it. It fights against the environmental effect on blisters.
10. Baking Soda
It can cure fever blister easily. The applying of baking soda helps the blisters to dry out creating alkaline surroundings around the infected area.
- Prepare a paste with baking soda and buttermilk.
- Now, apply thrice in a week.
Blood blisters can be cured by using this natural remedy.
- Peel the cucumber.
- Make it into slices.
- Apply the slices on the blister.
If you feel very pain, you should immediately contact a doctor. If you are okay, then apply these home remedies. Hope, you will get rid of blisters naturally with no extra treatments required.