Human survive with the food they intake in their daily life. Well, it can be said that food is something that is considered as an art by many people in this world. People’s habit ranges from sticking to their favorite food to tasting all kinds of delicious food. But, sometimes it becomes a burden when your irregular eating habit causes problems with your motion. Constipation is such kind of problem that arises from in taking food without any precautions. Let’s have a look to deal with this so-called matter that concerns many of us. This write up is about causes, symptoms and the most effective ways to get rid of constipation easily. Read and get the highest benefit from it.
What Is Constipation?
The term constipation means that people have the trouble to defecate properly, i.e. the feces becoming hard causing pain in the anus. Generally, it is said that the people being unable to excrete their stool more than three times is considered to have constipation. People having their irregular bowels excretion, unusual hardening of stool unlike the usual case can bring you the symptoms of constipation.
It can be said that constipation itself is a symptom that occurs due to many factors in our diet. But some of those factors can be stated as:
- Feeling defecating at a stretch of 3 times in a week
- Hard feces, which also can be lumpy.
- Feeling not being able to discharge your bowels properly
- Feeling as if there is an obstacle in your rectum that prevents your smooth defecation.
- Aching in your rectum, abdomen where your abdomen might become inflated.
- Puking and sometimes experiencing diarrhea, which results from stool hardening on your colon.
- Needing to push your abdomen and lower abdomen to excrete your bowel.
What Causes Constipation?
Conditions for the constipation can be sorted out in many ways, but here are some of the main causes of constipation that make people suffer from constipation:
- Improper intake of water and dietary fibers.
- Having an irregular eating routine
- Not doing enough to work out.
- Eating excessive fast food and dairy products
- Taking certain medicines such as Antacids, antidepressants, laxatives etc.
- Stress and depressions
- Not defecating for a long time while having the urge to visit the lavatory immediately.
10 Home Remedies to Avoid Constipation
Here are some of the useful materials and tips that will help you to get rid of your constipation problem if followed properly. Foods are a great part in your life and lifestyle. Here are 10 home remedies that you can follow to avoid constipation.
- Have a diet full of vegetables and dietary food. Foods such as broccoli, potatoes (not fried) whole grain bread, lots of fruit can be the remedy here and will be a lot helpful. Yoghurt also is really a helpful food for curing constipation.
- Take a lemon and olive oils. These will help to promote healthy digestion and remove harmful toxins from your body.
- Have a proper workout. Proper digestion requires your body to move properly where it moves the food through the alimentary canal smoothly.
- Drink prune juices and other juices with Epsom salt. You can also take coffee to get rid of constipation.
- Answer the natures call in the exact time because it prevents your further constipation problems.
- Take fish oil, castor oil to your food. It is an effective way to prevent constipation
- Take a lot of natural herbs with your food like aloe, Senna and etc.
- Form a habit of taking baking soda and Molasses with the food
- Probiotics such as lactobacillus
- Follow a regular lifestyle routine with everything in proper order and time.
Over the Counter Medicine to Get Rid of Constipation
It is better to consult a doctor before taking any medication because your condition might vary from the regular basis. Listen and follow the doctor’s instruction carefully before taking the medicines below:
Take fiber supplement laxatives
- Feces softeners laxatives
- Osmotic laxatives
Foods to Get to Avoid Constipation
Here is a list of the food which will help you with your constipation problems:
- Broccoli and Baked Potatoes
- Salad having variety of vegetables
- Beans and sweet berries
- Cereals, raw and dried fruit.
- A lot of vegetables and fresh fruit
- Grain bread and pop corns
Useful Tips to Prevent Constipation
Preventing constipation is necessary because consistency of it will lead to other serious health problems. But, taking measurement from before will help you ease your constipation problems:
- Follow a routine in your everyday life.
- Always have a well-balanced diet, eating lots of dietary fibers and nutritious food.
- Drink a lot of water and juice
- Work out regularly