Bags under the eyes make you feel old, tired, and sometimes embarrassing too. They are simply a sign of your stressful life and fatigue. The eyes behold your beauty and freshness of your face. It is really tough to experience fresh and watchful when your eyes are exhausted and droopy because of those bothersome bags` under them.
So, compromising with your beauty because of bags under eyes is not very pleasant. With a little awareness and some easy homeworks, you can get rid of bags under eyes easily. The remedies I am going to give you involve a few simple steps. All the ingredients I would recommend to use are available in your kitchen cupboard. Besides, these surefire ways include your minimal time and effort.
Why do bags form below the eyes?
As we age or suffer from excessive stress, fat comes out of the breathing space enclosed by the eye socket. This eye socket is called the orbit which forms a puffy area under the eyes. This fatty tissue can often fill with water. Thus, it becomes more visible when water is retained in the bags. Such bags can occur for a range of reasons, including not getting enough sleep, eating too much salt, allergies, lying flat in bed, and monthly hormonal changes.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Bags Under Eyes
Potato is known as the most common vegetable. But it has tons of other uses outside the kitchens. Potato is widely used in many skin treatments. Potato contains carbohydrates and Vitamin C that are very useful for the skin. Let’s see how to use potato for bags under eyes:
- Slice a raw potato into two with very slight width.
- Refrigerate the slices for a couple of minutes
- Circle the closed eyes gently with those potato halves.
- Place it on your eyes so that it also covers the puffed areas under your eyes
- Leave it like that for 15-20 minutes.
You will perceive a tremendous change in those unwanted bags as they will be soon diminished in magnitude.
If you have tremendously puffed up eyes, then this is the regular and a habitual regime that you should have to pursue-
- Dip into some cotton pads in chilled milk
- Place the cotton pads on your eyelids
- Relax for 20-30 minutes.
This will help your eyes in water preservation and it would also properly cool them off.
3. Oily Help
- Take chilled water in a bowl
- Add a few drops of vitamin E oil to it
- Mix the two well.
- Dip cotton pads in this mixture
- Place on the eyes for 20 minutes
This methodology will help actively in reducing the swelling around the eyes.
Cucumbers are a fantastic and the most effective natural remedy to get rid of under eye puffiness in a short period.
- Take 2 slices of fresh refrigerated cucumber
- Place the slices on your eyes
- Relax for 25 minutes.
- Calm down with the cool, soothing slices over your eyes
- If possible, try to have a short nap
This method will help refreshing your mind as well as your eyes, and the anti-inflammatory features of the cool cucumber will help reduce puffy tissues around eyes.
5. Chilled Tea Bags
If you are always in a hurry and do not really want to go out with tired eyes, then tea bags are the tremendous way to go. What all you will need to do are:
- Moisturize two tea bags in cold water.
- Refrigerate them for a while.
- Place them over your eyes.
- Wait for 25-30 minutes.
- Lie slightly back and relax with the cool tea bags over your eyes.
- Finish by washing your eyes and face with cold water.
- Dry your skin thoroughly and gently.
Immediately after the process, you would feel relaxed and rejuvenated. If you find it relaxing and useful, try it regularly.
6. Frozen Spoons And Iced Water
The bulge of the eyes can be concentrated with the help of a glass of ice water and four stainless steel spoons!
- Chill the spoons in the water
- Place one over each eye.
- Keep switching the placed spoons while letting the other one chill in the glass of water.
- Keep switching until you see enough improvement.
7. Egg White
Nop, egg white does not suck. Just try once to see if it sucks.
- Stiffly beat a few egg whites
- Apply it around your eyes with the help of a brush.
- It will upshot in making the area around and under the eye feel tighter and look less puffy.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse off your face using gentle cold water.
8. Almond Oil
Almond oil reduces inflammation and dark circles around the eye. The vitamins present in the oil feed the skin and the oil moisturizes the skin. To apply this remedy:
- Take two to three drops of almond oil
- Apply it under your eye
- Massage the area lightly and gently using your ring finger before going to bed. Do not apply extra pressure while massaging. Massaging will improve the blood circulation around the eyes and reduce water retention around the eyes.
Must Keep-In-Mind Tips To Get Rid Of Bags Under Eyes
Apart from using these stated natural remedies, you have to make sure in doing certain things to permanently prevent the under eye bags, bulge or puffy eyes
1. Drink plenty of water to eliminate the toxins from your body and thus make your body properly hydrated.
2. Reduce the consumption of sodium. Excess sodium in the body will cause water retention in different areas of the body including the eyes.
3. Do not regularly stay up till late night.
4. Do not keep the head curve down or bend down for a long time
5. Do proper exercises at the proper time to improve blood circulation
6. Don’t forget to include a lot of green leafy vegetables in your diet.
7. Include foods those are rich in Vitamin A and E.
8. Involve in some kind of daily exercise like walking, jogging, and Yoga.
9. The area under and around your eyes has very sensitive skin, so never use any chemical bleach.
10. Avoid exposing your skin to the harsh rays of the sun. Use an umbrella or sunglass when stay under the sun.
11. Apply any best eye cream for bulge containing vitamin K and Argiline. Regardless of the cause, however, skin creams containing these two ingredients will reduce puffiness and discoloration of tissues around eyes significantly. Long-term daily use seems to have the greatest effect.
12. If your eyes are excessively and especially puffy in the morning, adjust the way you sleep. Either sleep on your back or use an extra pillow to lift up your head to support fluid to exhaust away from your face and eyes.
13. When you are in a deep sleep, you don’t blink. This can also escort to build-up around the eyes. After getting up in the morning, blink rapidly for 30 seconds to assist the fluids dissipate.
Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes: An Instant Solution For Short Term Fresh Look
All the tips and home remedies suggested will take some time to give you permanent rescue from bags under your beautiful eyes. But if you want to join a party tonight or a meeting on tomorrow morning, here is the instant solution for now for you. Remember this is only for time being avoidance of the annoying bags under eyes.
Put on some concealer on under-eye bags with a little makeup is that quickest and most effective solution. The right and proper makeup can greatly lessen the appearance of bags and keep you looking bright all day. Follow these steps to pertain concealing makeup:
1. Choose a concealer depending on your skin tone. If your under-eye bags are dark, you can also go for one shade lighter one.
2. Apply the concealer with your finger or a cotton ball.
3. Make sure you dab it on lightly instead of rubbing it into your skin.
The makeup will cover up your bags more effectively if it stays on the shell of your skin.