The winter is on. This new season isn’t going to leave alone. It comes along with several common health issues such as cold, flu, cough, sore throat, allergy, etc. More or less, almost every one of us has to suffer from these seasonal diseases.
So, what do you usually do when these common winter diseases attack you?
Well, in the initial stages, you need not take medicines or any kind of prescribed medicines. You can get rid of these diseases at home using your kitchen stuff. Here are some easy home remedies using that you can deal with these seasonal illnesses naturally.
Home Remedies for Common Winter Diseases
1. Cold and Flu
Cold is the most common, horrible, and weirdest seasonal diseases. Runny nose, watery eyes, and scratchy throat are the signs of a cold. Generally, weather change and a certain virus can cause a cold.
Home Remedies for Cold
- Drink plenty of hot drinks like herbal tea, soup, fruit juice, etc.
- Mix ½ tsp of baking soda, 2 tsp of lemon juice, and 2 tsp of honey with a cup of hot water. Drink it frequently.
- Consume raw garlic or garlic products like garlic toast.
- Ginger tea is great for cold and flu. Drinking it gives you much comfort and keeps you hydrated.
- A mixture of honey and lemon works excellent in cold and flu.
- Don’t take a cold shower, stay warm always.
2. Sore Throat
A certain virus and bacteria is responsible for a sore throat. Your throat becomes itchy, harsh, and sometime gets inflamed. You can apply the following home remedies to get rid of sore throat naturally.
Tips to Get Rid
- Take a glass of warm water; add a couple of pinches of salt and mix it. Now, gargle using this solution. Repeat the remedy several times throughout the day, it gives you much comfort.
- You can try apple cider vinegar with a glass of warm water. ACV works as an antibacterial agent.
- Lemon and Honey mix works well for sore throat.
3. Dry skin
In winter, cold weather makes our skin dry and harsh. Though there are some other reasons behind dry skin (often bathing, cosmetic products, harsh soap, etc.). Apply the tips below to stay fresh even in cold weather.
Remedies for Dry Skin
- Apply organic Aloe Vera. It’s the best natural moisturizer.
- Use extra virgin olive oil as a regular moisturizer in winter.
- You can use petroleum jelly that contains lemon extract.
- To stay hydrated, drink adequate drinking water throughout the day.
Read More: How To Get Rid Of Dry Skin
Allergy is another most common seasonal disease. It causes due to dry weather, dust, mites, damp around, and even from your foods. When you come up with allergy, you may feel trouble in breathing.
Tips for Allergy
- Take a cold compress.
- Consume local honey which may contain local pollen.
- You can take over the counter medication like- Antihistamine, Steroid Nasal Spray or Anticholinergic Nasal Allergy Spray. But it would be better if you consult with your doctor before using these medicines.
5. Migraine and Headache
Migraine and headache are two painful diseases. Not only in winter, these problems can catch you in all season. Migraine generally happens due to dehydration, weather change, stress, hormonal change in women, and some other reasons.
Remedies and Tips
- Drink a glass of water and relax.
- You can drink ginger tea or caffeine. Caffeine soothes headache.
- You can do some muscle relaxation activities like yoga and meditation.
- Ice compress works. Steam shower also gives you much comfort in migraine.